Engine maintenance methods are as follows:1. Use good quality oil. Engine oil, that is, the lubricating oil of the engine, can lubricate, clean, cool, seal and reduce wear of the engine. Only the use of qualified lubricating oil can reduce the wear of engine parts and prolong the service life. Therefore, it is usually necessary to pay attention to filling with good quality oil.
2. Use qualified coolant (antifreeze). It is very important that the car engine needs to rely on the water tank to cool down, otherwise the engine will easily "boil" and cause fatal damage to the engine. Therefore, it is usually necessary to ensure that the coolant in the water tank is kept at a normal level, and to choose good quality, especially in winter, you should also choose a suitable coolant according to the ambient temperature. In the normal maintenance of the car, the engine antifreeze needs to be replaced every year of driving.
3. Regularly clean the water tank scale, etc. Rusting and scaling of the engine water tank is an easy problem. Rust and scale can restrict the flow of coolant through the cooling system, reducing heat dissipation, causing the engine to overheat and even cause engine damage. Therefore, in daily maintenance, it is necessary to select the appropriate proportion of coolant according to the specific situation. And when adding coolant, it can be between the maximum and minimum values.
4. Regularly remove "carbon deposits" from the car. In the process of burning oil, the car will inevitably have carbon deposits. Excessive carbon deposits will cause abnormal phenomena such as difficulty in starting, unstable idling, poor acceleration, rapid refueling and tempering, excessive exhaust gas, and increased fuel consumption. There are many adverse effects on the engine, so you should usually pay attention to preventing carbon deposition. Usually, you should drive as much as possible at high speeds, properly increase the speed when shifting gears, avoid prolonged idling, use clean gasoline, etc., and maintain good driving habits. Carbon deposits are generated. If there is a lot of carbon deposits, go to a repair shop to remove the carbon deposits.
5. Replace the car "three filters" on time. The three filters refer to the air filter, the oil filter and the gasoline filter. The three filters play a role in filtering air, oil and gasoline on the car engine, thereby protecting the engine and improving the working efficiency of the engine. Therefore, in order to keep the engine in the best condition, it is necessary to replace the filter element in time at the specified time, or the filter element should be replaced if it is dirty.
6. Maintain a reasonable speed. During normal driving, a reasonable speed can make the engine run normally, but if the low-speed high-speed or high-speed low-speed operation is carried out for a long time, the engine will be overloaded, which will not only consume more fuel, but also easily damage the engine. The position is well coordinated, and the accelerator should be stepped on lightly, not hard.